We are looking for a professional, high-energy Bartender with excellent communication skills to serve classic cocktails and exciting new beverages to our guests. The Bartender will greet guests, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend menu items, and prepare and serve beverages and serve food. You will also upsell items, create recipes, utilize proper equipment and ingredients, and handle basic cleaning duties.
To succeed as a Bartender, you should have a neat appearance as well as an engaging and friendly personality. You should be efficient, observant, knowledgeable, and personable.
- Welcome guests, read and listen to people to determine beverage preferences, make recommendations, and take drink orders.
- Build guests relations with your own unique service elements and guest connections.
- Execute and inform guests about new beverages and specials.
- Maintain a working knowledge of food and drink menu items, promotions, ingredients, and prep time.
- Select and mix ingredients, garnish glasses, and serve beverages to guests.
- Checking identification to ensure guests are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Handling cash, credit, and debit transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to guests. Responsible for maintaining a balanced cash drawer.
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning the bar, and washing glasses, and equipment.
- Participating in development of new cocktail recipes.
- Serve drinks responsibly.
- Meet state minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Positive and engaging personality and a professional appearance.
- Knowledge of basic math and computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Eye for detail and understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, etc for extended periods of time, and lift up to 25 lbs.
Complete our short application today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
JJ’s Grill is an Arkansas based sports bar and grill with 10 locations across the state.
We were voted as the 3rd Best Bar in America by BarstoolSports and have taken home Best Buffalo Wing 4 of the last 7 years at WingFest.
We strive to create a guest-first experience. If you are interested in joining us, please take a look at our open positions using the filters above.